Stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Monday, May 01, 2006

Unhealthy Body Images


Freddie Ljungberg - Every Tom, Dick and Harry?

There has been a lot of talk over the years about 'unhealthy body images', especially amongst the female modelling community. I for one never expected it to really become an issue for men until I found myself approaching 30. Now none of the *snicker* male fashion mags I flip through have men with bodies like mine. This is clearly very dangerous and unhealthy. I would like to start a movement (support me here guys and gals) to push for more healthy male images to be mixed in with the clearly unhealthy example above. I will start with a 'plus size' modelling agency for men. The bloke below is clearly more natural and will form a template for future applicants:

A more 'healthy' male body image
You see, I really find it dangerous and disturbing that millions of young men all over Australia force themselves to eat fresh fruit and vegetables and visit the gym regularly all to emulate the 'unnatural' body images of male models. Clearly a healthy male would be more accustomed to BBQ's, beer, armchair sports and a more rounded physique?

38 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home